Hot Air Balloon Exam
Match the words with their definition.(5 points each)
A. Deflects the wind around the burner flame.
2. ______Burner B. A huge air bag made of fabric.
3. ______Burner Supports C. The load-carrying part of a balloon.
4. ______Crown D. Keep the basket stiff and hold up the load frame and burner.
5. ______Envelope E. Panels of fabric cut at angles to form the shape of the balloon.
6. ______Gores F. Connect the basket to the balloon.
7. ______Load Tapes G. The top of the balloon.
8. ______Skirt H. Heats the balloon to allow it to fly.
9. -______Suspension Cable I. Distribute the payload evenly to the fabric itself.
10. ______ Aeronaut J. Used for cold inflation.
11. ______ Inflator fan K. The open end of the envelope.
12. ______ Mouth L. A balloon pilot
Write a short answer for each question.(10 points each)
How does a pilot steer a balloon?
What is a chase crew?
How old can you be to first fly a balloon?
What makes a balloon fly?
Frequently Asked Question | Glossary | Home| Student | Teacher