La Plaza Telecommunity provides access to the Internet in accordance with its mission of providing information found on the Internet. In doing so, La Plaza has no control over the information accessible through the Internet and assumes no responsibility for its content.
The Internet is a global electronic network. Not all information on the Internet is current, complete or accurate. The Internet may contain material of a controversial or mature nature. La Plaza neither restricts access to materials found on the Internet nor protects users from materials or information they may find offensive.
It is a violation of federal law to knowingly receive visual depictions of minors engaged in sexually explicit conduct. Anyone who does so is subject to federal criminal prosecution under the Protection of Children Against Sexual Exploitation Act of 1977(18USC 2252).
I understand I am participating in a community of users on La Plaza, and that it is essential for me to treat others with humanity, decency and respect.
While using La Plaza I will:
- Conduct myself in a responsible, decent, ethical,and polite manner.
- Be responsible for information I use, send, or display on the system.
- Report instances where I feel abuses have occurred.
- Understand that using La Plaza is a privilege that carries the following conditions:
- I have given accurate information on my registration form.
- I am responsible for the security of my user ID name and password.
- I will not place unlawful material on La Plaza, specifically included, but not limited to material that violates copyrights or intellectual rights.
- I will not use La Plaza to harass, abuse, intimidate or otherwise treat other users in an objectionable manner.
- I will abide by any rules and regulations that may be publicly announced from time to time by La Plaza.
- I will not put defamatory material on La Plaza, and I will not bring a legal action against La Plaza Telecommunity, its Board of Directors, and/or staff, if a user places defamatory information on the system.
- I will not tamper with, hack or otherwise attempt to invade or abuse La Plaza.
- H. I will not use La Plaza to send unsolicited email which is considered to be large scale broadcasting of messages to inappropriate newsgroups, listserves, mailboxes, bulletin boards, etc., also known as "spamming".
- I understand and hold harmless La Plaza in connection with the following:
- That La Plaza's policy is to respect the privacy of its members. Therefore, La Plaza will not monitor, edit, or disclose the contents of your e-mail unless required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on La Plaza.
- Protect and defend the rights or property of La Plaza or its members.
- Act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of La Plaza's members or the public.
- That La Plaza does not guarantee that the System will function error-free or uninterrupted, or that it will meet any specific requirements I may have.
- That La Plaza is not liable for any indirect, incidental, or consequential damages caused by the use or operation of the System, or the inability to use the System.
- That La Plaza is a community network and that views I may disagree with have a right to be placed on La Plaza as long as they adhere to La Plaza's Acceptable Use guidelines.
- That La Plaza has the right to review, add or remove services provided by the System.
- I understand that La Plaza Telecommunity provides public access at the Taos Youth & Family Center and that I will adhere to its Acceptable Use Policy.
- I release La Plaza, its Board of Directors and Staff, and any institutions with which they are affiliated, from any and all claims of any nature arising from my use of and/or my inability to use La Plaza.
- I agree to reimburse La Plaza and its Board of Directors for any loss suffered by any of them by my improper use of La plaza.
- I understand all users are restricted from reselling La Plaza's Internet access, unless consent is given by La Plaza administration.
- I understand that if I do not adhere to the terms in this agreement, my privilege to use La Plaza may be revoked.
La Plaza Billing Policy
I understand that I am responsible for payment of my La Plaza Internet Access Account.
- La Plaza accounts are not pro-rated. By opening an account today, I understand I am paying for service from today through the end of the month in which the account was activated.
- If I am unable to use the service and choose to have my account terminated, I can request a refund only if the account is terminated during the month that it has been activated. The setup fee is non-refundable.
- If I exceed 150 hours during the month I understand I will be billed .50 for each hour over 150.
- My account is active whether or not I access it during the month. It is my responsibility to contact La Plaza to delete my account if I so desire.
- Billing is sent electronically to my La Plaza email address. Payments are due within 10 days of the bill date. If I use a different email address with another provider, it is my responsibility to notify La Plaza to forward my email to that email address.
- If I am unable to pay my bill, I will contact the billing department for payment arrangements.
- My account will be deleted from La Plaza if I am ever 51 days past due with payment.
- If my account is deleted, and I choose to reactivate my account, I will be responsible for paying:
- Any Past due balance.
- A Reactivation fee.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
For questions regarding our website: E-Mail - La Plaza Telecommunity