|Northern New Mexico's Community Network|
Every Woman's best defense against cervical cancer is early detection!
- Worldwide, cervical cancer is the second most common cancer in women
- Women age 65 and older account for nearly 25 percent of all cervial cancer cases
- Hispanic women have a higher incidence of cervical cancer
- A Pap test is the most effective screening test for cervical cancer
- It is recomended that women over age 65 have a Pap test every three years
- More than half of women ages 65 and older have not had a Pap test in the last 3 years
Laurie Spiegel, Nurse Practitioner at Taos Public Health Office, reminds women that cervical cancer, when caught early, is curable. She encourages women to take advantage of these free or low cost screening exams. Do it for your peace of mind and for your loved ones!!
Where to go in Taos for a free or low cost cervical cancer screening exam
Adonde entrar en Taos para los examenes cervicales de la investigacion del cancer del costo libre o bajo.
Women's Health and Birth Center 758-1216 Taos Public Health Office 758-2073 Questa Health Center 586-0315 Health Centers of Northern New Mexico 587-2205 Holy Cross Hospital, Penasco Clinic 587-1833 Taos~Picuris Indian Health Center 758-4224
Check out these web sites for more information about cervical cancer and screening exams:
Screening for Cervical Cancer
Cervical Cancer and Older Women
National Cervical Cancer Coalition
Cancer del Cuello Uterino
For questions regarding our website: E-Mail - La Plaza Telecommunity