* The employer may take the credit for hiring young Enterprise
who are 18 through 24 (high risk youth) and individuals 16 and 17 years old who are hired to
work between May and September (summer youth employees).
* The credit is available whether the Enterprise Community youth works inside or outside the
enterprise community, so long as the principle residence of the youth is within the enterprise
* The credit may not be claimed for wages paid to certain employees related to the employer
or any owner of at least 5% of the business.
* The maximum credit amount for high risk youth is $2100.00
per hire. The credit is equal to 35%
of up to $3000.00 in wages paid for any 90 day period between May 1 and September 15.
* The credit for those age 18 to 24 is up to 40% of qualified wages of employees who work 400
hours or more, increasing the credit amount from $2100.00 to $2400.00.
* The amount of credit is capped at $3000.00 in wages paid during the first year of employment
for Summer Youth of the Enterprise Community.
To receive more information contact Robert Wheeler @ (202) 622-6060